Before starting your commercial roof replacement project, ensure that your new roof comes with warranties. These commercial roof warranties will save you from a lot of trouble when the roof doesn’t perform as promised.
2 Types of Commercial Roof Warranties
Here’s a simple guide to the different types of roof warranties:
1. Manufacturer Warranties
Manufacturer warranties are offered by the roofing materials manufacturer. They are often broken down into the following subtypes:
- Manufacturer’s NDL (No Dollar Limit) Warranty – This type of warranty provides full coverage of any defective products or product failure within the specified warranty period, regardless of the cost of replacing the defective materials.
- Manufacturer’s Materials Warranty – This serves as a guarantee that the products won’t fail within a specified period. It usually has a validity period of 10 years, 20 years, 30 years or more.
- Manufacturer’s Labor and Material Warranty – This type of warranty covers defects in materials and labor up to a specified amount.
- Manufacturer’s Roof System Warranty – This warranty only covers the membrane of the roofing system. It’s also referred to as a “membrane only” warranty.
2. Roofing Contractor Warranties
These warranties are offered by the roof installer. They typically cover the work involved in installing the roof products as well as the products that the installer uses for installing the roof.
Whether you have flat roofing or any other type of roof system, make sure that you know who’s responsible for what.
1. Roofing Manufacturer – The manufacturer is responsible for replacing defective products at no cost for the duration of the warranty.
2. Roofing Contractor – Contractors are responsible for replacing or repairing defective materials they have provided. They are also responsible for covering the labor required to correct poor workmanship for the duration of the warranty.
3. Property Owner – The owners are responsible for any costs that are not covered by either the manufacturer or the contractor. They are also responsible for maintaining the roof.
With New Line Roofing’s expertise, you can rest assured that your project will be carried out to a high standard. We perform roof installations, roofing maintenance, roof repairs and more. Call us at (303) 222-7170, or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.